Friday, January 22, 2010

Feelings.... Nothing more than feelings....


Okay, I love my job-- 5 year olds are hilarious.

Here's a homophone story for you.

During our me/self awareness unit we spend some time talking about our emotions. I explained this concept to my students by saying, "We all have different feelings, different moods, or ways that we feel. Who can tell me a feeling you might have?" One child responded, "Happy." Another, "Mad." The third child to respond, however, began reaching in her mouth and said, "Like when you get a silver cap, when you have a cavity and go to the dentist..." It took me a second, but when it finally registered to me what she was getting at, I couldn't help but laugh as I explained, "No, not a 'filling' in your mouth....."

I just love Kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment